Do I Need to Do Anything Different With Public Records?

Have a Question?

< All Topics

Do I Need to Do Anything Different With Public Records?

If you’re seeking information on whether or not you need to do anything differently during the credit repair process when it comes to public records, then this article is for you!

Judgments usually show up under the public records section of your credit report.

Once upon a time judgments that had incomplete information could be added to your credit file at any time.

There are now new rules requiring public records to contain a consumer’s name, address, social security number, and/or date of birth.

If the court is missing certain information when they report your judgment to the credit bureaus, then the judgment can be removed, but you would have to dispute it.

Credit report judgments can be removed by following the steps below.

1 – Sign up with the most accurate credit monitoring system:
2 – Verify the information provided from the court against your records and what’s reporting on your credit reports
3 – Dispute any inaccuracies found

Still need help? Visit Accelerator Week 1 DIY Credit Repair  

Table of Contents

Enter your email to get access to the free training.